Tuesday, February 5, 2008

White Magic

Check out this band, White Magic. I saw them while in Portland and the lead vocalist, Mira Billotte, is absolutely amazing and captivating. If you click on the link you'll go to a myspace page and to the right you can listen to some songs. My three faves there are "Very Late", "Childhood Song", and "The Light". If you ever get a chance to see them perform, DO SO.



On a disparate note, I finished a portrait painting last night of my friend, and will include dark, badly shot, picture of said portrait here. The portrait's subject's blog is up and to your right, Jason T Miles, a true artist, check out his blog peeps!



Me, I'm a dabbler, but how I enjoy dabbling...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked out White Magic - I like it, kind of spacy and moody. It's a little hard to get into as a background while I'm working though. Motor did NOT like it though - when I turned it on he put his ears back and then ran out of the room. Ha! Obviously, not for cats.

I think the painting looks great too - it's perfect for your new apartment!

missery loves company said...

I love this. Thanks for posting it Naomi. I noticed she does a cover of Katie Cruel which is a song that Nick Cave also did a cover of. I have also heard the original folk song and it's really beautiful.