Thursday, February 14, 2008

Neighbors for Porkys in Northeast

I just stumbled across a blog called "Neighbors against Porkys" where concerned residents of Northeast Minneapolis are complaining about the new locally owned burger drive-through restaraunt on Central Avenue. Honestly, I think the only way this place hurts our neighborhood is by putting a little extra fat on our waistlines. If I am correct, there is an ugly old Burger King a block or two away on Central and I don't hear a big uproar about getting rid of that. Could Porky's possibly be a really horrible thing for the neighborhood? If you live near Central and 19th, I think there are much bigger problems of crime than Porky's could ever contribute to. Would you rather live near a big vacant lot on a sketchy street? If you choose to live that close to a busy street like Central, of course there will be businesses close by. One of the blogging posts is titled "Local "Pork Tenderloin" Blogger Says Porky's Disappoints" Is this for real? By the way, the Tasty Burger is supposed to be fabulous. I guess when the weather warms up, we will see if the classic cars and motorcyles make a horrible noise and upset the calm, soothing ambience of Central Avenue Northeast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, that Burger King is a way bigger eye sore. I would like to see some nicer restaurants or maybe a wine bar kind of place open up over there, but frankly, I don't see the Porky's contributing to any increase in crime or anything. I've been to the Porky's on University several times and I love the burgers (the one with bacon and BBQ sauce is delish!) - I also love their onion rings. Totally greasy, but really tasty.

bananafish said...

I think it looks cool.