Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Editors

The Editors


Last night friends and I went to The Fine Line and saw a few bands. The first was Louis XIV which I did really like. They were pretty theatrical, but I think it worked for them, and the vocals were really good as well. After them were Hot Hot Heat which I did not really like too well. The lead singer was very interesting and energetic, but the music left me cold and a bit bored. The headliners were The Editors from the UK. They were great. The lead singer is like a skinny cute Robert DeNiro/Edward Norton. Awesome voice. The other dudes are cute too, even if they are-oh-15 years too young. Fun to watch and had that Interpol-esque 80's dark bass thing going on. If you click on the link you can watch a video and hear one of their songs. A fun time was had by all, in spite of the fact it was an all ages show so there were swoony-dancy-not-aware-of-anyone-around-them teenage girls that were annoying. I am such an amazon I can sort of rise above it all, but for cuties like muchachachita, it's not so easy to disregard the rudeness and cluelessness. Oh well, all in the name of rock.

No comments: